Inclusion and Diversity at Novuna
Novuna is committed to achieving an inclusive and diverse workplace where everybody is treated with dignity and respect by opposing all forms of discrimination, creating a safe, welcoming environment where everyone can share and believe in our values, vision, and promises.
Our business has signed up to a number of industry charters to drive our commitments and demonstrate accountability to equality and diversity.
Women in Finance Charter
We’re committed to achieving greater gender balance in our senior management team and proud to sign up in June 2022, to the Government backed Women in Finance Charter, a pledge to improve gender diversity across the financial services industry. Novuna has set a three-year target to increase female senior leadership (Grade 5 and above) 35% by FY2025/26.
As of September 2023, we had 32.5% women in senior management positions, up from a figure of 27.5% in 2021 to demonstrate our progress over the past two years.
To ensure we maintain momentum in actively supporting female progression into senior positions with a more inclusive talent pipeline, we’re implementing several initiatives.
We’re opening pathways and building a more gender-balanced workforce by removing any barriers that may exist and by enhancing our succession and talent planning programmes to increase the number of internal promotions.
We will continue to report our progress annually against these targets on our website to ensure we are delivering long lasting change.
Race at Work Charter
We’re committed to improving equality of opportunity. Working on seven Commitments, our efforts so far include appointing an Executive Sponsor for race, supporting race inclusion allies in the workplace and implementing processes to include diversity in the Company’s supply chain.
As a visible statement of our commitment to provide an inclusive workplace for all disabled people, we joined ‘Disability Confident’ at Level One confirming our intent to implement six steps to ensure that Novuna improves equality of opportunity.
We’ve also put in place initiatives to promote a stronger gender balance, including our Mentoring Circles Programme and Women’s Inclusion Network but we recognise more needs to be done, which is why we signed up to the Charter.
Run by our colleagues, for our colleagues, Novuna’s communities are a place for our people to have conversations, share information and make a difference through activities and fundraising. At the moment, these include:
- PRISM for all colleagues, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, who are interested or involved in the LGBTQ+ community.
- Multicultural Community increasing understanding and awareness of different religions, cultures and ethnicities, to help make Novuna more inclusive for everyone.
- Women’s Inclusion Network (WIN) creates a culture of inclusion that removes barriers and supports female development, empowerment, and growth.
- Colleague Ability Network (CAN) building a culture where people with disabilities are embraced, encouraged, and empowered to realise their potential.
- Wellbeing Community supports employees to lead healthy and fulfilling lives, inside and outside of work. Focusing on mental, emotional, financial and physical health.